Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mikayla's First Field Trip



A few weeks ago Mikayla had her first field trip to our local Fire station. Seth loved it the most. He was so excited and I think yelled Wee-OO-Wee-OO the whole time! It was cute. It was fun to learn all kinds of things about the fire house. The firemen made sure to tell us that they pay for the huge flat screen T.V. and all of their food- not our tax money! In my opinion I think they should be able to get nice things every once in a while- they work hard and for us!!! Anyways we also learned that only Dr.s and Firemen have the ability to make decisions on patients with out their permission. And that they always have to travel together in case they get a call. If they are at the grocery store and get a call the grocery store workers put all the food they had in the cart into a big freezer until they can back and get it. Our fire house has a huge area to cover and are always busy they have 3 different teams that work the different shifts A-B-C and they have 3 of everything to keep organized!We had Team A (the best team- but I think no matter what team they would have said they were the best)And they were busy they were late because they were on a call. Then we got to see the firetrucks. They showed us all of the parts and how things worked and then they let us walk through (both of my kids became very shy and would not walk through) and then we took pictures. It was very cold but I made them stand there and take pictures and then Mikayla wanted all of her friends to be in the pictures as well. Then they got another call and had to leave so we got to watch them drive away with lights and sirens! Overall it was a great time.My favorite was that Mikayla did not have to ride the bus! I don't know why but I am still worried for her to do that! I'll be ready by the time she is 30=) Enjoy the pictures!
Seth Mikayla and EmmaEmma Tyler and MikaylaJovanna Mikayla and Emma

0 comments: